Reserve Your Spot
To Reserve your spot, please Contact Us and include Your Name, Cell Phone Number, Child’s Name, and the week of camp you are interested in. Thank you!
2018 Summer Program
Price: $550 ($200 Non-Refundable Deposit)
Mon. – Fri.: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Summer Program Details
- Ages 6 Years and Up
- Beginner to advanced levels determined by riding experience
- Limited to 12 students per week
- Controlled learning environment
- Daily hands-on and in the saddle instruction aboard gentle and experienced lesson ponies
- Emphasis on correct posture and form in the saddle
What You’ll Learn
- The major parts of the horse
- The proper way to groom a pony
- All the parts of the saddle and bridle
- How to properly tack up a pony for riding
- How to clean a saddle and bridle
- How to safely lead a pony
- How to mount and dismount properly
- The correct form and position for english riding
- How to bathe a pony
Safety is always our primary concern!
HorSANITY! – Horsemanship Clinic
Friday, April 13th, 2018
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Cost – $100
We will be learning all things horse related at this HorSANITY clinic! We’ll touch on everything from the parts of the horse, basic care, tack and equipment, and finishing up with an Equine Alphabet Game.
In the last clinic we covered grooming (why we groom, what tools we use, dos and don’ts, basic handling, how to give treats safely, and other safety practices) so we’ll do a brief refresher on that, for those that were unable to attend that clinic.
This clinic is designed to correspond with our lesson program. We want our students to learn all they can about the horse riding experience at DEC so you can safely and knowledgably become more hands on with our horses and ponies!
SIGN UP TODAY!
Limited spots available. Participants must have a signed liability release on file with DEC or one will provided on the day of. Participants must wear approved footwear (long boots, paddock boots, cowboy boots, or rubber boots. Please no tennis shoes (we don’t want any sore toes!) Treats are welcome and encouraged for this clinic!
Text or email to reserve a spot.
757-218-5204 - email@example.com
214-695-4334 - firstname.lastname@example.org
517-861-0237 - email@example.com